Do you ever look at the sheer volume of photos that need to be edited after a wedding and cringe?
For a long time that was me.
Editing was taking up all of my time and I was left with no time to actually GROW my business.
Something had to change.
I resisted outsourcing my photo editing for a long time because I thought I would be losing creative control of my photos and that this is what my clients were paying me for.
When I finally let go and handed my images over to an editor it was one of the best business decisions I ever made.
That’s why I brought Jared Bauman on the SFP podcast today.
Jared Bauman is a Co-Founder and President of ShootDotEdit, one of the most well known post processing partners for wedding professionals. Some of the biggest names in the photography industry trust ShootDotEdit with their images and Jared is one of the premiere experts on photography outsourcing.
Prior to ShootDotEdit, Jared was a professional photographer and ran a successful customer focused photography studio based out of his hometown, San Diego California.
We’ll be discussing the pros and cons of outsourcing your editing as well as other tips to save time so you can do more meaningful work.
What You’ll Learn
- Why photographers were never meant to be editors
- How to afford outsourcing your editing
- How to outsource your editing AND keep creative control
- When it’s time to start outsourcing your editing
- How ShootDotEdit keeps your photography consistent between weddings
- Why it’s important to LIMIT the amount of photos your give your clients