How To Make Your Episode A Success
Here are a few tips and tricks to recording a great episode
Thanks for joining me for an interview on the SFP Podcast!
Your interview will be audio AND VIDEO. It will Take place over Zoom.
Please set aside 1 hour for our interview. We will have a 5-10 minute pre-interview discussion via Zoom before I start recording, this is where we can go over the interview topic and make sure our technical set-up is solid.
The interview itself will be around 45 minutes in length.
Interviews on the SFP podcast are very conversational, however, I’ve put together a list of tips to ensure that your episode is as good as it can be.
#1 Share Stories
Authenticity, transparency & vulnerability is everything
The best guests are the ones who have amazing stories to tell.
Here are a few tips to deliver a killer episode
- Come prepared with a desire to help others
- Share stories that either A) People can absolutely relate to or
B) Couldn’t even begin to comprehend
- Provide additional resources for the audience to learn more
- Authenticity, transparency & vulnerability is key. You don’t have to have it all together
#2 Clean Audio
Audio quality is critical
Thousands of people listen to the Do What You Love podcast every week and I take audio quality very seriously. Having poor audio looks bad on everyone and interferes with helping to get your message across.
Here are some tips to get great audio for your episode
- Go to a quiet room where you won’t be interrupted
- Wear headphones to reduce feedback
- Use an external mic if you have one (if not, the mic on your headphones is a good alternative)
- Connect to consistent high-speed internet
- Don’t record in a noisy public place like a coffee shop (happened)
- Ask your partner NOT to do the dishes while you’re being interviewed (happened)
- Don’t turn the TV on in the background (happened)
- Don’t scratch your face continuously (happened twice)
- Turn your cell phone and computer notifications off (happens all the time)
- Please note that I reserve the right to not publish your episode if the quality does not meet acceptable standards.
Ben Hartley – Contact Information
Guests are welcome to contact me anytime with questions before or after the interview.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (419) 271-1306
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment